Heritage property management
Heritage properties are increasingly scrutinised by demands for accessibility, environmental sustainability and legislative demand. Put more simply, employees and visitors alike are aware of the significance of maintaining cultural or iconic buildings for the use of future generations.
Chartered surveyors and facilities managers determine that sustained performance of fabric, fixtures, fittings and services are essential for future proofing significant heritage and cultural properties.
Specialist property management for heritage buildings
Almeda makes the management of heritage properties easy. We have already helped to sustain the cultural significance of buildings such as Brunel’s ss Great Britain, Arnolfini and At-Bristol, three iconic cultural properties in the city of Bristol.
We have successfully managed these buildings by combining pragmatism and technical requirements to develop a clear understanding of property maintenance in the heritage and conservation field. This includes introducing efficient cleaning regimes and regulations for building methods – just two key factors associated with the sustainability of heritage properties.
As with all of the facilities management, we offer financial, reporting and compliance systems. For example, we remove the hassle of paperwork, health and safety compliance and analysing and compiling reports (see these pages). Some of our services are critical for functional heritage property management and can be tailor-made to suit any type of building in question:
- Cleaning: Factors as simple as dust can affect the sustainability of a building. We successfully and carefully clean heritage properties to ensure they look their best and will survive for years to come.
- Waste management: We ensure your heritage property is kept in a top aesthetic condition for staff or visitors by installing integrated or individual waste management solutions.
- Corporate responsibility: Almeda take on the hassle of dealing with responsibilities such as carbon output, sustainable sourcing and health and safety. This ensures that your heritage property has as little negative impact on the local and wider environments and the people who work in and visit it.
- Building regulations: We liaise with conservation experts in the area of your heritage property. This ensures that any building work carried out is given the go-ahead by the appropriate authorities, whether as simple as touching up paintwork or as large-scale as undergoing renovations.
- Future proofing: Key to allowing future generations to enjoy the use of your heritage property, whether public or employee based, is installing effective preventative and reactive systems for fire, flood and other risk factors. We also manage insurance for such risks, giving you complete peace of mind.
- Property lease management: We schedule systems for routine building inspections, rent collection or other administrative tasks, leaving you more time to run your business.
- Security (guarding, surveillance): Almeda analyse the security performance of your heritage property. We assess the strength, positioning and visibility of entry points. We then produce clear solutions to deal with potential risks, such as providing professional guards, innovative locking mechanisms or state-of-the-art surveillance. This will remove the risk of thieves or damage to your building, such as through graffiti or fly tipping.
With these examples being just a small number of the services we offer, Almeda are a clear choice for your heritage property management. As a professional, reliable company, we can help with the smooth running of your business by dealing with all of the paperwork, corporate responsibility and general maintenance, whether in relation to the day-to-day or long term operation of your business.